Skip to main content
2800 E. Enterprise Ave, Suite 333, Appleton, WI 54913 | (608) 234-4009
by Wisconsin Registered Agent LLC

Filing Service – Wisconsin Certificate of Authority

Foreign Corporation in WI

If you are a corporation located in another state and want to do business in Wisconsin, you will need a Certificate of Authority to operate in Wisconsin. This is obtained by submitting paperwork as a foreign corporation with the Wisconsin Secretary of State, Corporations Division. After you submit your forms, the State of Wisconsin will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A Wisconsin foreign corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in Wisconsin is a foreign corporation.

We charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the Foreign Wisconsin Corporation Certificate of Authority form to the Wisconsin Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We also will obtain the forms needed from your home state of incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Wisconsin and the foreign corporation form is in your online account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some filing tips on how to make the filing with the state. You are required to have a Wisconsin registered agent anyway, so we try to make the process simple and easy for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to send them to the Wisconsin Secretary of State yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

You sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at our filing tips. If you don’t want to do the filing yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab in your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. After we are finished with your foreign corporation registration in Wisconsin, we always store the filing in your client account, email you a copy, and mail you the original filed documents.